Monday, January 23, 2012

Cheesecake Monstrosity, part II

Over the weekend, Ben turned 27 (oh man oh man, that means we're getting old, I think.)

IMG_1399

One of my favorite things about Ben's birthday is that it gives me an excuse to make the most ridiculous cake in the history of birthday cakes. Last year, at Ben's request, I made a cheesecake monstrosity. This year, after several texts back and forth, we worked out an even more monstrous cake: a heath bar cheesecake, topped with chocolate mousse, topped with a chocolate cake layer, topped with more chocolate mousse, covered in ganache.

IMG_1376

Basically? This thing was insane. And so much fun to make.

IMG_1402

Happy Happy, friend!
I'm so glad you were born.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I can feel myself drooling and my thighs expanding just looking at that thing. DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I request this for my unbirthday? As in, basically any day of the year?

    (Also, I had fried chicken and waffles last night before watching Downton. Just thought you'd think that was funny.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. If I fly you up, will you make me that cake for my birthday too?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how insane and fun! I want a birthday with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks insanely delicious. Lucky Ben to have that yummy treat.
    buy aion account

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ηeу! I сοuld haνe swoгn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's
    new to me. Anyhoω, Ӏ'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-maгkіng and checking back frequentlу!


    mу blog pοst - Sixpack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.