Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Happy, Emily
{Isn't Emily pretty? She's a librarian. It's why she's sitting by the books.}

This is Emily.
As some of you know, Emily is my bestie. Yesterday was her birthday.

I love Emily for more reasons than I could possibly enumerate here. (In fact, when I started making these little lists, one of my first thoughts was "but how can I do one for Emily? I would just want to write 'I love her because she's Emily,' and that would be kind of boring.")
Nonetheless, I shall try to provide a partial list:

1. Emily always has my back. Emily has been known to get madder at people for being mean to me than I have gotten at them.
2. She can bedazzle anything. (You should see her cell phone case!)
3. Emily is incredibly generous with her time and space. She has volunteered countless hours of her time for a variety of purposes, and whenever our gang needs a place to have a party, cook an elaborate meal, or just hang out, she is always the first to volunteer her condo. Or sometimes even, her mother's house.
4. Until recently, despite the fact that Emily has hosted numerous cooking extravaganzas, she did not own a whisk.
5. Emily is able to perfectly tow the line between being supportive and listening to her friends obsess and whine and freak out and telling us when to cut the crap and get over ourselves.
6. She's Emily. I really don't know how else to say it. She's my bestie. Life without her would be so lonely, so sad, and a hell of a lot more boring.

Happy Happy, Emily!
I am so glad you were born.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Happy Birthday Emily---love that you bedazzle---that's really pretty fantastic in my book. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Emily! Best friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.