Monday, February 7, 2011

I am the opposite of a homebody.

Unless I have guests, I will happily spend as few waking hours in my house as is feasible. Which is why it was weird yesterday when I woke up and all I wanted to do was stay at home. So I did.


I ventured out for breakfast with my dad, but since I went less than two blocks from my house, I would say that doesn't really count.


I folded a lot of laundry. (I even broke out the iron!)



I couldn't stop thinking about oatmeal, so I had some for lunch. On the weekends I cook it in milk instead of water, and I put as much brown sugar on top as I want. It was perfect.


I finally put up the Abigail! letters that I bought in an antique shop right when I moved back to Boston. They lived above my windows in the last apartment, and I hadn't found the right spot for them in this one. Right by my bed is perfect.


I ended the night with Wives and Daughters, tea, and a chocolate snack.

It was the perfect homebody Sunday.

Happy Monday, friends!

p.s. I have done a terrible job getting caught up on birthday posts. Expect some more, especially one for a friend who has a birthday today!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhh, gorgeous Sunday pictures, it looks like a lovely, relaxing day! xxxxx

    alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the chocolate directly on your computer. i abuse my laptop too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that breakfast looks DELICIOUS. sounds like an awesome sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post! Sounds like a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love wives and daughters,
    did you know that the author died before completing the book, yes i discovered that when i was reading it....really she died just before the end when it was getting very exciting....will they? wont they? i turned the page and there is an editors note saying at this point the author died....ugh.... but i think that they do a really good ending in the tv adaptation...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect Sunday! I just queued up Wives and Daughters on my Netflix to watch this week, can't wait. Except I will soon run out of period pieces in the streaming section and then there will be a problem, I won't know what to do with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sounds perfect. i wish i was as productive when i stayed home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you make your oatmeal with milk on the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that abigail sign is so cute!! the oatmeal looks delish as well ... mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous of the Abigail sign! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a lovely day! I love your photos - love the softness of them...so pretty! ( and I love those letters about your bed!!!)♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I'm not a homebody either!! I have cabin fever from pretty much the moment I walk in the door...with the only exception being if I'm trying to wake up in the morning...then the last thing I want to do is leave my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds like the perfect day to me! (p.s. isn't breakfast with dad the best?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.