Sunday, March 14, 2010

Loren!

This is Loren.
Loren has been one of my best friends since high school (she, Emily and I were Three Musketeers), and today is her birthday.
I love Loren for lots of reasons. Some of them are:

1. Loren is on of the most level-headed people I know. Just being in the same room as Loren instantly makes me calmer.
2. Loren has found a subject about which she is passionate, and has completely immersed herself in it. Last summer, she even went to Uganda to work for the World Food Programme.
3. Loren can always be counted on to indulge our mutual love of all things pink and girly.
4. Loren brings people together. Our group of friends, who are still close to this day, did not really form until Loren came to Commonwealth in eleventh grade.
5. Loren can always get enthusiastic about a party. When she's around, there will be dancing and delicious food and beverages.
6. Even though we didn't get together that much last year, just knowing that she was down in Palo Alto, a train ride away, made me feel so much more settled in San Francisco. Those times that we did get together, those trips to farmer's markets and coffee shops, were some of the highlights of my time in California.

Happy happy, Loren!
I'm so glad you were born.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Loren. I'm glad you were born, as well, and am particularly glad you are part of our life (despite how I may react when the 3 Musketeers may cc cookies at midnight).

    Lots of love to you and best wishes for many more,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.