Thursday, October 2, 2008

Two days ago I had one of those days that required the massive, mindless consumption of concentrated carbohydrates.
I've had a lot of doubts in the past month about my ability to do my job. Two days ago, I started to question that even more, when I proved to struggle with the one part of my job I know that I am good at.
Walking onto the bus, I reached into my bag to pull out my wallet. It wasn't there. I had stupidly left my purse out in a less-than-safe location, and so, not surprisingly, the more valuable contents was gone when I came back to it.
I dealt with all the things that needed to be dealt with (to be fair, my mother dealt with many of the things that needed to be dealt with), and then I went on my way, only to realize when I got home that I wasn't really all that upset. Yes, things could certainly be better, but my coworkers were wonderfully helpful and nice, I could get home (and I had a home to go to! I'm not homeless anymore! I am STILL grateful for that), and well, things were okay.
Do I wish I felt good at my job and that I still had my wallet? Hell, yes.
Do I think I'll figure this all out, and be okay? Hell, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.