Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

The other day, The Girl and I were riding the T home from a playdate. Understandably, once she had finished her snacks, she got kind of bored. Lacking the keep-her-happy-on-the-T toys that usually live in my bag, I pulled out my iPod, which is now home to a Laurie Berkner album. I let her put on the headphones and listen to Victor Vito and B-O-O-T-S, and she was entertained until we had to switch trains.
A couple of days later, we were sitting around after dinner when I had an idea. I got my iPod out again and told her that, if she wanted, we could listen to I Want to Hold Your Hand, the song I always sing to her when we're walking. She liked the idea, so I helped her put the left earbud in, turned the volume way down so as not to hurt her precious baby ears, and started the song. Her eyes lit up as she heard the Beatles singing the words she knows so well, and she started singing along. Then she paused.
"Abbie?"
"What, honey?"
"Is this song about you and me?"

Yes, honey. Yes it is.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ABBIE!!!!!! <333

    Oh, and by the way, your post? SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.