Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Grapefruit and other delights

I love grapefruit. It is one of my most favorite fruits in the whole entire world. But I can't eat it very much.
Recently, inspired in part by Emma, I have learned that I love fried eggs. Specifically, eggs sunny side up or over easy. The kind where the yolk is still runny so you can spread it over the white to get an even white-to-yolk ratio, and then put each bite on a bite of delicious bread, like the brioche toast I had in Montreal or the whole-wheat toast I had this morning.
The thing about eggs, though, is that you need to eat some fruit when you have eggs for breakfast. Or I do, at least. And what would be the perfect fruit to go with eggs over easy with delicious toast? Why, grapefruit, of course.
But I can't eat grapefruit. Why? Because of some silly medicine I take that keeps me a functional non-crazy human being. Grapefruit fucks with its levels in my bloodstream, so I can only eat it once a week.
Since eggs over easy with toast and grapefruit was going to be my new go-to breakfast, this hitch in the plan makes me sad. Oh, well.
That is all.

2 comments:

  1. P.S. The link doesn't go to Emma. It goes to something weird that isn't Emma :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now it does go to Emma. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.