Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tonight I walked into the Coop, resigned to two more sleepless nights until I'm finally free of the grip the Twilight Saga has on me, only to discover they don't have it in paperback yet.
(Twilight may be like a drug to me, but it's not a drug for which I'm willing to pay $24.99 plus sales tax.)

The left me with a free evening. Since my mom wasn't going to be home until 9, I had the house to myself. It was a perfect evening for cooking.

Onions might be my favorite vegetable.

In San Francisco, I cooked dinner several nights a week. Since I've moved back here, I've baked a fair amount, but I've only cooked a couple of times. I didn't realize how much I missed being in the kitchen, listening to music, chopping and stirring and tasting.

Caramelized Onions are amazing

It was good to do it again.

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE cooking. it is so calming and just forces you to slow down at the end of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to cook! I never cooked in San Francisco or Manhattan, it was always a running joke among my roommates. I only have a few cups, plates and utensils at my current apartment---that's how sad I am. New Year's resolution anyone? haha.
    XXX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you for having access to a working oven. My tummy just grumbled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard for me to imagine you NOT cooking. Welcome back to the comforting folds of mujadara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the coop. I'm so jealous you live in Boston! It's the perfect bookstore, I think.

    Also, I wish I could cook. I struggle with browning meat... ha ha. I think it's a mental roadblock more than anything.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.