Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Honest Scrap

Last week, Anna tagged me as an Honest Scrap!

Thanks, Anna! (You should all read her blog- it's so cute, and makes me think that maybe grad school isn't so scary, after all.)

Anyway, Honest Scraps tell you ten honest things about themselves. I talk about myself so much already, I tend to avoid these things, but I love Anna's blog and I was touched that she tagged me (nobody had ever been tagged me before, then she and Rhianne went and did it within 24 hours of each other!), so here goes:

1. I am a crier. I cry when I'm sad, but mostly, I cry when I'm angry. Whenever I argue with someone, before I can get my point across, I usually burst into tears. The loud, dramatic, ugly kind. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that. . .

2. I'm not very articulate. It takes me forever to get to the point, and I usually don't realize exactly what I'm trying to say until a couple sentences in. When I write, I can fix it with editing, but when I talk, it's just awkward.

3. I can be really shy. I have a loud voice and I shout a lot, so people don't believe me, but I developed those habits in part to cover up the fact that I just didn't know what to say or how to talk to new people. It's gotten lots better as I've gotten older, but it still comes out every now and then.

4. I secretly worry that I'm really, really stupid.

5. I am one of the more melodramatic individuals you'll meet. I feel all my feelings in a big way. Sometimes, I feel bad about it. Sometimes, I like that about myself.

I know that's only five, but it's late and I need to get to bed. I'm not going to tag anybody (I'm shy about stuff like that), but please, do play along. It's fun to be an honest scrap!

4 comments:

  1. Grad school is AWESOME! If you are in a program you really love. It's like, going to school and work for only your favorite subject. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading these little tidbits. I'm a crier as well---it's such a pain. I can't help it! Anyway, I can't believe your friend had a hedge hog --- I mean that's kind of AMAZING.
    XXX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I totally worry that i'm actually really dumb! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. High five for being inarticulate! I'm inarticulate, too. I'm also a terrible storyteller if I'm talking out loud. Luckily I get to prattle away on the old blog.

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.