Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cait

Checking our Teeth

This is Cait.
Cait and I met at Dartmouth, and several months ago, she had a birthday.

I love Cait for lots of reasons. Some of them are:

1. You can always depend on Cait to be there when you need her. If you're moving, Cait will be there, ready to haul boxes and mattresses until every last knicknack is in its proper place. If you've had boy trouble, Cait will be there with ice cream and gin, ready to curse his name 'till kingdom come.
2. Cait is a Dartmouth woman through and through. I cannot name a single person who loves our college more, and seeing it through her eyes always reminds me how lucky I was to spend four years there.
3. Cait is perhaps the only person in the world whose appreciation of that fine combination of classic cocktails and casseroles exceeds my own. Long email discussions of both of these items frequently result in me sitting at my computer, drooling at the thought of processed food products, at 10 o'clock on a workday.
4. Cait's writing is some of the most beautiful on the internet. If you don't read her blog already, you are in for a treat. Go, read, lose a couple of hours, and feel more insightful for it.
5. Even though I think it nearly killed her, Cait showed remarkable patience when waiting for her birthday post. Unlike some other people.
6. Cait loves her friends deeply and openly. Those of us who are lucky enough to be recipients of this love are better people for it.

Happy Happy, Cait!

I'm so glad you were born.

6 comments:

  1. aw! :) this is too cute & sweet ~
    i love friends

    X!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a lovely friend - Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember sitting in Cait's apartment this summer, sipping on a perfectly prepared G&T while Cait, gesticulations included, read the Sweet Potato Queens with due variation of voice. Two things no one does better: 1. prepare a G&T, 2. bring contagious enthusiasm and humour to everything she does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay cait!
    and abbie, thanks for sharing with us all these good people in your life. such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your adoration for your friends. As ladies, this does not happen nearly enough. So sweet + refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.