This is Liz. (Sometimes people call her Elizabeth.)
I met Liz in college, and today is her birthday.
I love Elizabeth for lots of reasons. Some of them are:
1. Liz knows her food. She is the perfect restaurant buddy, and if this fake vegetarian ever has questions about cooking meat, I always go to her for answers.
2. Liz is a people connector. When I emailed after not seeing her for years, asking about grad school, she emailed back that her lab was hiring and I should apply. I did, and I've been working there for six months. She is also the sort of person who organizes people for trivia night or random adventures. Like. . .
3. Liz does fun stuff. Yesterday, instead of a boring old birthday party, we went to a place where they taught us how to make beer. It's fermenting right now, and in two weeks, we'll go back to bottle Dizzy Lizzy's Apricot Blast. (Hopefully we'll have a better name for it by then.)
4. Liz knows how to enjoy the little things in life, and the big ones. Listening to her describe a trip to Napa or a Dogfish Head beer is like being there yourself, but with a special Elizabeth sparkle that makes it sound even better.
5. Liz always knows what's going on in Boston. Ira Glass is at Sanders Theater? Liz is the one who told me. Same goes for Dogfish Head night at Redbones and the best places to get veggies in Cambridge.
6. Liz and music are quite a sight to behold. Before I knew anything else about her, I knew of her huge affection for John Mayer. Tonight, she's going to see David Gray for her birthday, and if anyone can talk her way into a meet-and-greet, I'm betting she can.
Happy Happy, Elizabeth!
I'm so glad you were born.