Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Happy, Manoli!

100_0018
{l-r: Manoli, me, Em}

This is Manoli.

I've known Manoli since we were fourteen, and he just had a birthday.
I'm a big Manoli fan for lots of reasons. Some of them are:

1. He doesn't know how to ride a bike. He wasn't interested when he was a little kid, and so he never learned.
2. His relationship with his family is inspiring. If Dewey and I are half as close as Manoli and his little brother Alex, we are doing really well.
3. Manoli always sees the best in everything. Both people and situations.
4. I am really nerdy, and all my friends are really nerdy, but Manoli takes being a nerd to a whole new level. He owns it, though. It's why we love him.
5. Manoli is one of the most trustworthy people I know. He will never, ever, let you down, and you can always depend on him to be there when you need him.
6. Manoli is the only friend who has actually lobbied for a birthday post. Two days after his birthday, we're on gchat, and he's all "hey Abbie, isn't it time you write up my birthday post? You're getting kind of late." He is shameless. But in a good way.

Happy Happy, Manoli!
I'm so glad you were born.

5 comments:

  1. I'm shameless about being shameless. Thanks for the great post Abbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, so sweet! Happy Birthday Manoli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and inspiring post for friendship and birthdays!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Manoli! Telling you that via Abbie's post is almost (but not quite) as much fun as telling Abbie to go work on her paper via you via Mik via the small worlds that are New Dorm and Theta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your little birthday shout outs!
    its a lovely way to point out all the best bits of yours friends....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.