Monday, December 6, 2010

Swedish Fair

God Jul

Every year at the beginning of December, some part of my family goes to the Swedish Christmas Fair in the South End. It's funny that it's become such a tradition because we aren't even a little bit Swedish (though Dewey did have the Kirsten American Girl Doll when we were little), but every year I look forward to eating a Swedish waffle with whipped cream and watching the Santa Lucia procession. This year was no exception, especially after I tried the special Swedish Christmas soda that they sell. It's delicious!

Abbie Swedish Waffle
{There was a one-year-old eying my waffle. She was adorable, hence the awkward face.}


Santa Lucia Ornaments
{There are always lots of vendors selling all sorts of wonderful Swedish Christmas decorations.}

Swedish Soda
{I never like soda, but this is amazing}

13 comments:

  1. That looks amazing! We have German Markets over here but the one in my city is pretty dire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet photos, i love randon family traditions :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! The only thing Swedish thing I know is Swedish fish. Tee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun!
    The Christmas ornaments look really cute!

    http://roamwhereyouwantto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I'd love to try one of those waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so bummed I didn't know about this, I want some gnome soda! I can't imagine how it could be anything short of fantastic when the packaging is so cute (this by the way is my life philosophy, and no it hasn't always served me well)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pics are so fun! Now I NEED a waffle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! And not biggy that you’re not Swedish, it's always fun to learn other cultures...especially the try new treats.

    Good tradition, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the ornaments! My parents lived in Sweden for about 6 months when they were first married and we still have all these ornaments that they bought while they were there. They are some of my favorites, and one day I'm going to steal them so I can put them on my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After 4 years of living in Boston, can you believe I still haven't experienced this?! Sadly, I've now moved away from Beantown, and your posts make me realize how much I miss it and how fabulous it is there! (Love the South End :)).

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! There's a Swedish Christmas market here in Berlin that I'm planning on checking out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so fun!

    And I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for you continued support of me + Farmhouse. It means so much to me, Abbie!

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.