Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dewey Thanksgiving
{For the second year in a row, Dewey and I got coffee at Diesel Cafe after the Somerville Turkey Trot. I think I can get behind this tradition.}

Yesterday, my friend Manoli asked me if I was happy. After careful thought, the answer was a resounding yes. That is due entirely to the fact that I have so many wonderful people in my life.
I have parents who have my back no matter what, and who encourage the baking of twelve pies at Thanksgiving.
I have a sister with whom to run Turkey Trots (at the same time, but NEVER together, of course) and then get coffee.
I have friends who are as excited for our Eighth Annual Day After Thanksgiving Extravaganza ('Stravaganza for short) as I am, and friends who willingly volunteer their homes for these events.
I went to a wonderful college, where I met people who gchat with me while they're in England, California, New York and Somerville and invite me to see live music and help me find really sweet jobs.
I have roommates who watch The Holiday with me even if they hate it, just because it's my favorite cold-weather movie.
And I have a blog, where I have met so many lovely people who so willingly share their lives with Strangers From The Internet.


This year at Thanksgiving, I'm grateful for all of the amazing people who have made me so wonderfully, resoundingly, happy this year. Thank you for being a part of my life.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!

Abbie Thanksgiving 2010
{"I will take your picture with your phone and you will put it on your blog," said Dewey. So I did.}

8 comments:

  1. hahah I love the quote under the picture!

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a turkey trot this morning too! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abs!!! I'm thankful for you too! I hope you had a beautiful thanksgiving... and a whole pie.
    Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful for dear people in my life, too! Coffee after the Turkey Trot sounds like a perfect idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures and the little quote. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont you just love Thanksgiving? Everyone is so thankful :). I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this. and love the photos. it's so good to be thankful.
    and i love your blog! just discovered it today. awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.