This is Ben.
I've known Ben since freshman year of high school, and yesterday was his birthday.
I love Ben for lots of reasons. Some of them are:
1. He is an amazing cook. Whenever our gang is cooking together (which happens a lot), Ben takes the lead and we end up eating something delicious.
2. He also makes the most amazing drinks out of the weirdest ingredients.
3. Ben is fiercely loyal. More than almost anyone I know.
4. He throws an AMAZING party. Last night, he filled his house with blacklights and had one of his friends airbrush neon images on all his guests. (I got an armadillo.)
5. I've known him for ten years, and I don't think I have a single picture of him that doesn't involve a ridiculous face. (See above).
6. Ben gives the most thoughtful gifts. Unlike those of us who walk into a store and buy the first thing they see, Ben's gifts are reflections of just how well he knows his friends, and how much thought he puts into us. We're lucky to be on the receiving end.
Happy happy, Ben!
I'm so glad you were born.