Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sick Day

Goodbye, Bi-Rite Ice Cream

I woke up yesterday with the most terriblest cold. My nose was stuffy, my body ached and I was completely exhausted. I stayed inside all day until after dinner, when I went with my family to JP Licks in Davis Square, since my friend Holly is staying with us while she finds a place to live in Boston, and had never had ice cream in New England (ice cream is definitely something we do better on this side of the country).

We followed our ice cream outing with a viewing of Titanic. It absolutely is as good twelve years later as it was the first time I watched it in seventh grade with Stephanie and Perly on our first ever movie trip sans grownups.

Today I think I'll make some banana bread and lie in the hammock, reading my book. Low-key days make getting better easier.

*It should be noted that this photo is actually from San Francisco. Bi-Rite was the only good ice cream I could find in the whole of the city, and so of course I included them on the epic food adventure I took before moving back east.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say...I recognize the low wall/sidewalk in the picture...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.