Monday, September 28, 2009

Look what I found!

Holga!

Sometimes I like to make lists of Things That I Want. These things run the gamut from little and easily obtained (the September issue of Vogue, clean laundry) to huge (a vacation home on a Greek island). It's an interesting exercise in articulating my worldly desires, but mostly it's just fun to dream about things I'd like to own.

Recently, after seeing lots of pretty pictures people had taken with Holgas, I added the camera to my list. While it tends towards the more affordable, I'm still trying to avoid unnecessary expenses, so I figured I'd ask for one for Christmas, or maybe buy one as a present for myself when (if) I get a job. Imagine my surprise when I was describing the latest Thing That I Wanted to my mom and she said "oh, we have one of those! Dewey used it in high school when she took photo!"

I am so excited to have temporary custody of such a quirky little camera! I'm going to a Red Sox game with Sara tonight, and I think I'll bring the Holga out for its maiden journey. I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. People all over this thing. Maybe it's time to try it out?? Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh im so jealous!! (i just broke my diana). have fun at the game, baseball is my absolute favorite.

    ps: Im as shocked as anyone that i got out of the cab, if not more so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh hope you post your photos with the Holga. It's on my wish list as well. That and a gazillion other things...sigh.
    XX Kate "the NEO-trad"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh hope you post your photos with the Holga. It's on my wish list as well. That and a gazillion other things...sigh.
    XX Kate "the NEO-trad"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.