Monday, September 14, 2009

Reading in the Public Garden

I love the Public Garden almost as much as the BPL

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours sitting on the grass in the Public Garden, reading the most delightful book. One of the nice things about all the free time that comes with unemployment (and being all done with college, for that matter), is that I now have the time to read again. I wrote about this a while back, and it's even more true now. I am reading everything I can get my hands on, enjoying diving into stories and getting completely immersed in new worlds, and, in some freakishly competitive way, racking up lists of Books I Have Read. (I'm not sure who I'm competing against, but after reading only a couple of non-school-related books a year since high school, it's wonderful to be back in the game).

This book is just so delightful

Tell me, what is your most favorite book?

6 comments:

  1. please read Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman. it is a beautiful story that is beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, Battle Cry of Freedom by James McPherson. The best book about the Civil War era, period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything by John Julius Norwich. The most recent book I've read was his history of the Mediterranean called The Middle Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Shadow of the Wind. It's one of my new favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ella Enchanted. It's a kids' book, but so what.
    And the horribly horrible movie of it makes me want to grow up and be a movie-making person so I can make a movie that does justice to the amazing book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.