Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Sometimes We Have Formals


As I have said earlier, I am not a very fancy person. I tend to succumb to the schlub more often than not. Sometimes, however, an occasion warrants getting dressed up in a pretty dress and putting on makeup and wearing high heals. Sorority formals are one of these occasions.
On Saturday, we all got dressed up and went to Bates Mansion, where we took romantic pictures with our dates, explored, ate dinner, and danced. My silly boyfriend is at Swarthmore, as is Marissa's, so we were each other's dates for the night. Complete with romantic pictures.
But anyway, after cuddling on couches with bunches of sisters, dancing my heart out, and nearly punching out my good friend's date for being an assface, I realized how lucky I am to be part of this wonderful family in the big brown house on Webster Ave. I enjoy making fun of what we do, sure, and sometimes it can be kind of dramatic, and we may not be the "coolest" girls on campus, but without the Sororitee, Dartmouth wouldn't be Dartmouth. Theta has become my home away from home. And for that, I am incredibly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.