Monday, September 3, 2007

The Long-Awaited Toilet Post!

Hello, friends. Long time, no blog.
I am still feeling uninspired, but I thought I might stretch the old blogging muscles and write about a toilet.
As I said, a couple of weeks ago, The Girl and I went to the Boston Children's Museum. It was quite fun, and The Girl did an amazing job climbing in the beautiful new, three-story, climbing structure. (When I was little, the Children's Museum had a similar climbing structure, designed by the same architect, and my family called it The Cage for Wild Children. I was terrified of the thing and would refuse to go in it.)
The Girl's brave climbing performance, however, was not the most impressive part of our adventure. That prize would go to the toilets at the Children's Museum.

Why the green handle, you ask? What makes them so special? Well, luckily for you, I took a close-up (several actually, since I couldn't get a perfect picture) of the plaque explaining it all:

I like how they tell you to flush up for #1 and down for #2, and then explain what number one and two are. Why bother using numbers in the first place?
Also, The Girl asking, as we walked into the bathroom on a subsequent visit (these ten-hour days I've been working before school starts demand things like frequent trips to museums) if she would get to flush down instead of up this time? Priceless.

2 comments:

  1. In germany my host family had toilets with a similar deal. the flushy button only flushed as long as you were holding it. so you only flushed as much as you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this awesome mental image of a tall, camera-bearing Abby standing in a bathroom stall taking pictures of the toilet while a little girl stands just outside of the stall looking confused.

    I probably would have peed myself right there if I had seen you.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.