This is my five hundredth post.
Huh. I've been doing this blogging thing for a while.
To celebrate, I made some cookies. But then I ate them, so you'll have to make your own. I'll share the recipe, though, because it is, quite simply, the best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there. Promise you'll make it, okay?
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in the History of Ever
barely adapted at all from Smitten Kitchen
2 Cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
3/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar (I usually use 1/2 a cup and double the regular sugar)
1/2 cup white sugar (unless I halve the brown sugar, in which case I use a whole cup of white sugar)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside. (True confession: I rarely do this. The cookies do turn out better if you do, though. Sift at your own discretion.)
3. Cream together melted butter and sugars.
4. Add egg and vanilla, beat until pale and fluffy.
5. Mix in sifted ingredients until just blended. Mix in chocolate chips.
6. Scoop dough into cookie-sized chunks, and roll into balls with your hands. Sprinkle with salt (this step is key to chocolate chip cookie nirvana). Bake- 10-12 minutes for small cookies, 15-17 for larger ones.