Monday, September 16, 2013

California, part 1: Telegraph Hill


IMG_5878

IMG_5909

IMG_5917

 IMG_5939

IMG_5950

When you visit San Francisco, they tell you to walk up the stairs on Telegraph Hill. There is a reason for that: these stairs are kind of a little bit magical. You climb up and up and up, peaking into people's gardens and surrounded by green, and then you turn around and get a spectacular view of the San Francisco Bay. When I lived in San Francisco the year after college, whenever I got sad about missing the East Coast, I would climb Telegraph Hill and remember how lucky I was to live in such an beautiful place. Of course I would start my California trip here: it reminds me of all of my favorite things about my time out west.

3 comments:

  1. i am reaaaaaally tired of still having not seen san fran. it looks amazing whenever i see it on blogs/and such. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you've got to go! It's the best. And enough people go there from Boston that you can usually find pretty good deals on airfare.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.