Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lunch at Sportello

In college, I had a professor who said that when he was in college, he used to get ice cream after every exam. Treating himself after something stressful, he said, made the stressful thing not so bad.

Yesterday, I took the GRE. I was pretty nervous about it, so when it was all over, I decided to treat myself to lunch at Sportello, the fanciest lunch counter you'll ever see.


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

When I told my waitress why I was there, she brought me a glass of prosecco. When she brought me my fancy-pants latte, she also brought me a cupcake to take home. Her enthusiasm made the meal seem even more special, and now I'm pretty sure that I'm going there for all lunchtime celebrations from here on out.

7 comments:

  1. You got an awesome waitress haha! CONGRATS on taking the GRE! Now I hope you never have to take it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've never been there, but that latte looks worth a trip :) Hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet of her! I think it's so necessary to treat yourself to little things like that to make the big-bad-hard things like the GRE a little less painful. Newly following your blog :) Congratulations on having the GRE over with - it's a tough exam. xoxo! eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MUCH WIN IN ALL OF THIS! and good job on kicking some GRE rear-end. i have to start studying soon myself....meep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Awesome to treat yourself after something like the GRE. Awesome waitress. And awesome looking restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet waitress! i love kindness like that. congrats on taking the GRE. sounds like a definite cause for celebration! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove hearing stories like this! And this is such a great reminder to treat myself more often. These little things make life really wonderful. =) Congrats on finishing the exam!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! People who comment are my favorite people.