This is Lisel.
Lisel and I were friends the instant we met, and she had a birthday a whole lot of months ago.
I love Lisel for lots of reasons. Some of them are:
1. Lisel is the most loving, open person you'll ever meet. I have never met anyone who does as good a job letting their friends know how much she loves them as Lisel does.
2. Lisel is silly. You should see her introduce people to stuffed animals. Or listen to her make inanimate objects talk.
3. Lisel loves children. She is currently finishing up grad school to become a teacher, and I know that the world will be a better place to have her shaping young minds.
4. Lisel gets a kick out of things. Whenever she comes to visit in Boston, or I go to visit her in New York, we do all sorts of fun things that are made so much better for her enthusiasm. Cupcake cafe, anyone?
5. Lisel is the most scheduled person you will ever meet. In college, we used to make plans to eat an early dinner for twenty minutes starting at 5:50. It was really amazingly organized.
6. Lisel is a rock. There is no other way to describe it, really. During one really rough time in my life, I spent three months mostly sitting on Lisel's bedroom floor (I would leave to go to class, and sometimes to sleep, but that's about it.) Her loving support saw me through to the other side, and I will always, always be grateful.
Happy Happy, Lisel!
I'm so glad you were born.